By continuing to use the website, you agree to the terms and conditions set out here. Should you not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from using the website.
Any changes to these terms will be displayed in italics above this body of text. The terms were last updated on 2nd of April 2018.
Mearns Matters is a website, newsletter and newspaper that covers the Mearns and Kincardine area. We aim to inform and update you with news and current affairs from Portlethen to Banchory, to St Cyrus.
We regularly publish new stories on our website, under a wide collection of categories including transport, health, education, business, and sport.
We publish a weekly newsletter on Monday, which includes a selection of weekend stories and a guide of ‘what’s on’ over the next 7 days.
You are responsible for ensuring that you have the relevant technical requirements to fully access the website. We may from time to time update core features of the website, which will require you to update your software to fully access the website as intended.
From time to time, we may take all or part of the website down for maintenance.
What you can do
You may only use the website, provided it is in a non-commercial capacity (advertisers excluded) You may download and view content on the website on a computer screen, tablet screen, mobile screen or any other electronic device. You may print individual articles that are published, provided this complies with the “What you cannot do” section of these terms. You may store a link to specific articles or pages on the website to refer back to them at a later date.
What you cannot do
You must not:
- Download or achieve online the content of multiple articles on a regular basis. This could be in the form of copying the text, screen capping or any other method of copying and storing data.
- Create a physical copy of the articles and content on the website by regularly printing compiling the content.
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- Use the website to transmit a virus or computer infecting bug.
- Repackage or sell any of the content on the website.
- Sell the website design or any piece of Mearns Matters’ intellectual property as your own.
All activity on the must comply with UK and EU rules and regulations.
If you have any questions about these terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We own all intellectual property displayed on this website, this includes (text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound and logos).